24g powdered gelatin + ¼ cup (60ml) water
½ cup (180g) glucose
¾ cup (150g) sugar
½ cup (120ml) water for the syrup
2tsp vanilla extract
1 cup (110g) of cornstarch + 1 cup (125g) of icing sugar sifted together
Food coloring gel or paste (optional)
- Prepare a 20cm x 20cm cake pan (or a dish) : cover it with a plastic foil and generously spray with a non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, sifted together 1 cup of cornstarch and 1 cup of icing sugar.
- In a bowl, combine gelatin with ¼cup of water and let it bloom for a minimum of 5 minutes. Once the gelatin has bloomed, heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, combine the melted gelatin with a scoop of the glucose syrup and let it mix on low speed.
- In a saucepan, combine ¼ cup of water, sugar and remaining glucose and let it boil until the candy thermometer reaches 240°F (115°C).
- Once the syrup has reached 240°F (115°C), pour the hot mixture into your mixer and beat on maximum speed.
- Once your mixture becomes opaque and slightly fluffy, add the vanilla and/or food coloring. Continue to beat at high speed until the marschmallow mixture becomes thick.
- With a greased spatula (sprayed with a non-stick spray), quickly pour your mixture into the prepared cake pan.
- Cover the top surface with the cornstarch/powdered sugar mixture and let it set for 6-8 hours.
- Once the marschmallows have set, carefully cut out the shapes with a sharp knife or cookie cutters. Cover all sticky areas with the cornstarch/powdered sugar mixture. Enjoy !
Leave a Comment
- Q & A
- Kitsch-it in the Kitchen !
- Free Printables
- TOP 10