800g Cream Cheese
180g Sour Cream
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
20 Oreos or petits beurres
4 tablespoons butter
* All ingredients must be room temperature !
- Preheat oven to 150 C (300 F). Spray pan and place parchment on bottom of pan. No springfrompan needed. In a bowl remove cream from Oreos und crush cookie portion into a fine crumb. Melt 4 tbsp butter and mix into crumbs. Once it’s completely wet press into the bottom of the pan until the entire surface is covered. Bake 5 min. Remove and put aside.
- For the following steps set mixer on low or medium low only. Never mix on a high speed or cracks may form during the baking process.
- Mix together egg and sour cream.
- In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese and butter. Once smooth add to egg / cream mixture. Mix well and stop to scrape down the sides of bowl as often as needed.
- Slowly mix in sugar, cornstarch vanilla and lemon juice. Mixture should be smooth with no lumps. Remove bowl from mixer and tap on the counter until no bubbles appear.
- Pour into pan with the prepared crust.
- Create a water bath. This will help against cracking and keep the cheesecake moist.
With pan – take a larger pan. Fill it with at least 3-5cm depending on the height of your cheesecake pan. Place the cheesecake pan in the middle. Place bot into the oven.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the middle of the cheesecake wobbles like jello but is not liquid. Turn off oven, partially open the oven door and leave the cheesecake inside for at least 2 hours.
- After 2 hours remove from the oven and water bath and place the cheesecake pan in the fridge for 6 hours, or for better results, overnight.
- Once well chilled, remove pan from the fridge and run a knife around the edges to loosen the cookie crust. Place the cake card onto the top of the cheesecake and quickly flip the cheesecake over onto the cake card. Slowly remove the pan.
- Remove the baking sheet, place another cake card on the cookie crumb and flip right side up. Remove cake card from the top. Add decorations or a delicious strawberry coulis
Kitschcakes tip :
For chocolate cheesecake add 200g of melted chocolate
Leave a Comment
- Q & A
- Kitsch-it in the Kitchen !
- Free Printables
- TOP 10