Cream Cheese Buttercream
- 200g Philadelphia Cream cheese
- 125g butter
- 500g powder sugar (well sifted)
- 2 tsp vanilla paste
1. Mix all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- For more stability, I normally add 1 tablespoon of meringue powder - especially in hot or humid weather (but this is simply an option).
- This icing is perfect for using under fondant or for piping a swirl. If the icing becomes too soft for piping, place the filled piping bag in the fridge for 20 minutes or so and then it should be stable and firm enough to get a nice swirl while piping.
- Cupcakes decorated with a buttercream swirl should be placed in the refrigerator. Remove 30 minutes before serving since cupcakes taste much better when served at room temperature !
Posted on 17/12/2014 | 10 20615 Categories: Recipes
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Q & A
- Kitsch-it in the Kitchen !
- Free Printables
- TOP 10