Question by Caroline from Nidau
I would like to bake some maple cookies. How much maple syrup should I be adding to my cookie recipe ?
Unfortunately, it s not recommended to add maple syrup to your cookie recipe. Maple Syrup is not concentrated enough for the maple taste to shine through, and too much liquid will ruin your cookie dough!
However, there is light at the end of the tunnel!!
Here is the solution to the tastiest maple cookies EVER:(plus, you will smell them a mile away!!)
SIMPLY ADD 15ml of Lorann Maple flavoring to our basic cookie recipe (1/2 bottle of Lorann "Maple" 29.5ml). As shown here:
Kitsch Cookie Recipe:
- 250g butter, softened
- 200g white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 15ml of Lorann Maple flavoring (or another aroma of your choice*)
- 450g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Parchment paper
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat eggs and Lorann Maple flavouring. Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Remove half and place on a piece of parchment paper covered in white flour, press into a disk and cover with another piece of parchment paper. Roll the dough until 5-8mm thick, then place in refrigerator for at least an hour (or over night).
- Take out the sheet, remove parchment paper cover and cut into shapes with any cookie cutter.
- Place cookies 2 cm apart on ungrea-sed sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven at 180 degrees. Cool completely before decorating.
A nice alternative is to insert a lollipop stick into the cookie, to obtain a Cookie Pop !
Click here to print out the vanilla cookie recipe (you can modify the taste with the aroma of your choice) in PDF version
*Lorann has hundreds of concentrated flavors and aromas. For a simple flavor switch, simply substitute maple flavoring for any other of your choice.
Have fun and Happy Baking!
Leave a Comment
- Q & A
- Kitsch-it in the Kitchen !
- Free Printables
- TOP 10