- 3 Egg whites
- 50g Granulated Sugar (for the egg whites)
- 200g Confectioner's sugar
- 120g Almond powder
- In a large bowl add 200g of confectioner's sugar and 120g of almond powder. Mix together and then pour into an electric grinder and mix around 2 minutes or until the powder no longer has large chunks of almond in it.
- Once the powder is finely ground place into a sieve and shake into your large bowl to eliminate any large pieces that may remain in your powder.
- Beat your egg whites on medium speed until foam appears at the bottom of your bowl. Reduce speed and add 50g of granulated sugar and a pinch of salt. Bring your mixer to high speed and beat egg whites until they can hold their shape in a stiff consistency. Attention! Do not overbeat your egg whites! Mix just until you have a "soft" stiff consistancy - it must form a folded point on the end of your beater (bird beak).
- Gently incorporate by folding your egg whites into your powdered sugar/almond flour mixture. As you fold turn your bowl so you are able to incorporate all three ingredients equally while at the same time removing any air that may remain. Keep gently folding until you are able to form a ribbon that resembles lava or until you are able to write a number 8 with the ribbon without it breaking and there are no more egg whites showing. If it resembles pancake batter - you've overmixed!
- Prepare your piping bag and nozzle (choose a nozzle size that fits the design you'd like to pipe). Place the macaron mixture into a piping bag and pipe onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper (baking paper). Once finished drop your baking sheet onto your work area several times to eliminate any air bubble that still may be trapped in your mixture. Leave to dry about 20 minutes or until the tops are dry to the touch.
- Bake your macarons at 150... for 8-10 minutes. Keep a careful watch on your macarons that you do not overcook them. Finally, use our Italian Meringue Buttercream or a sweet/savory ganache for filling your amazing macarons.
Posted on 27/10/2015 | 0 3833 Categories: Recipes
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Q & A
- Kitsch-it in the Kitchen !
- Free Printables
- TOP 10